Calling all runners/walkers and bike riders. Although on-line registration has closed for the 9/11 events, we are still accepting registrations on Friday, September 9 from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Registration and packet pick up will be located in the plaza area of Neonopolis. Neonopolis is located at the Fremont Street Experience, on Las Vegas Blvd. and Fremont Street. There is NO additional costs for Friday registration. $25 for the bike, run or walk.Parking: **Neonopolis Parking Garage, on 4th St, just before Ogden, Fremont Street Experience Parking Garage on 4th St, area casino/hotel parking garages, and the City of Las Vegas Parking garage.
Friends and family members that aren't able to go downtown to watch the run or walk be sure to log on to this site to watch LIVE the runners.
Saturday, September 10, 2011
One Runner, One Fallen
The first of its kind, trademarked 9.11k Race!
- The Race/Walk will occur on Saturday September 10th in the heart of Historic�Downtown Las Vegas on Fremont Street Experience and Fremont East Entertainment District with an entry fee of $25.
- Limited to 3063 runners, each running for a victim of 9/11.
- Limited to approximately 6000 walkers, each walking for a fallen service member since 9/11.
- Check in begins at 4:00am and closes at 5:30am, warm ups begin at 5:45am and the start gun at 6:00am. Walkers will be released at 6:30am.
- Awards will begin at approximately 9:00am. The overall winners (total of three) to receive trophies. All other winners to receive a certificate; with awards being given for 12 age ranges from 10 and below to 60 and above.
- Celebrities, entertainers, athletes, survivors and families will be on site as we connect personally to that historic event a decade ago and celebrate our Unity today.
Celebrity appearance by Valerie Thompson.Valerie is 2-Time Land Speed Record Holder Bonneville Salt Flats. Her remarkable history is one that reflects determination, high performance and success. In four years, Valerie has earned her way from the All Harley Drag Racing Association series, to being a team owner and licensed competitor in drag racing's most elite class, the NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle Series. Valerie’s winning attitude has made her a powerful brand ambassador and inspirational role model for motorsports fans everywhere.
- Join us for three days of entertainment, festivities and celebration to honor our fallen, our survivors and our living.
All first responders, active and retired, are welcome to wear dress/Class A uniforms to any events. This is your own choice, and is not required, but is also welcomed.
Packet pick up will be held on Friday, September 9
10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Neonopolis is located at 450 Fremont Street at the east end of the
Fremont Street Experience, directly across from Hennessey’s.
Photographs of the event, and photographs of your participation, will be available here. Please register and you will be notified as photos become available.